Residential Rates Rates (for South Fork Ranches Homeowners)
Rio Grande Water Company is focused on assuring that we are positioned to provide all of the water that is needed by our customers at rates that are fair and competitive.
The Rio Grande Water Company’s water rate structure is designed to be fair and competitive while meeting the financial requirements of the water company. Residential base and availability rates decreased in 2015 to $20 per month.
- Water Availability Rate: $20 per month billed every six months in January and July.
- Construction Monthly Fee: $40 per month (fixed flat-rate) since the water cannot be metered . The fee replaces the availability/usage fee while a new home is under construction.
- Water Tap Fee: A water tap fee is a one-time fee that is collected from new users at the time that service initially provided.
- Service Fee: All maintenance service work provided by Rio Grande Water Company will be billed at $70 per hour, per person.
- Residential Water Turn-On Service Fee: $100
- Meter Purchase Fee: (New Construction): $1,000 including meter, PRV, pressure pump if needed, and back flow preventer valve.
- Water Usage Rate: The water usage rate begins at one gallon. As recommended by state and local water authorities, the new usage rates are structured to encourage water conservation since the per gallon water rate increases as the monthly water use increases.
Monthly Base/Availability Fee: $20
|Monthly Usage Rates per Gallons of Monthly Usage|
|1 to 5,000 Gallons||$3.15 per 1,000 Gallons|
|5,001 to 15,000 Gallons||$3.68 per 1,000 Gallons|
|15,001 to 25,000 Gallons||$4.73 per 1,000 Gallons|
|25,001 to 50,000 Gallons||$7.35 per 1,000 Gallons|
|50,001 and Above Gallons||$9.45 per 1,000 Gallons|
|Single Family Homes||$3,000|
|Multi-Family Units, Per Unit||$1,500|